Floats to be judged need to be in place and manned by 8:30 a.m. for judging. Decorate and man your float prior to entering the judging area. Judging will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. Decorated vehicles carrying passengers not to be judged should be in place by 9:00 a.m. and boarded by 9:45 a.m..
Parade will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. Entry forms must be received by August 15th to be considered for entry passes into Westfest grounds. There will be no exception and only a limited number of passes per group are available.
To register an entry for the parade please read and agree to the following rules and regulations, and then complete and submit the form at the bottom.
PARADE RULES AND REGULATIONS for Parade Participants:
The Westfest Board of Directors and City of West:
– Will not allow consumption of alcoholic beverages in the lineup and during the parade. Please be aware that the police are required to enforce all drinking laws.
– Will not allow participants to throw items from their vehicles or use any type of water device such as water blasters. If you wish to give candy, please hand it to the children rather than throwing it.
– Will not allow inappropriate behavior, comments and/or atire.
– Will not allow trailers exceeding 30 feet.
– Will not allow ATV’s or horses.
– Will not allow air horns or loud sirens. Emergency vehicles should use discretion when blowing horns and sirens.
– Will not allow gaps over 30 feet between entries during the parade. Please maintain proper distance.
– Will not allow people to get on or off floats during the parade.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND/OR REMOVAL FROM THE PARADE LINE UP.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
WESTFEST, INC., WEST, TEXAS
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in the Westfest, Inc. Parade and/or activities relating to the Parade in West, Texas(hereinafter referred to as the “Parade”, I, for myself, my organization, my fellow members of this organization, and their employees, volunteers, agents, successors, assigns, heirs and next of kin: (hereinafter referred to as “Parade Entry”),
1. HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Parade, the City of West, the Westfest, Inc., The Parade committee, Parade sponsors and/or all Parade participants and the directors, officers, employees or agents of the foregoing (hereinafter referred to as “Releasees”), from all liability to me, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any and all loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to my person or property or resulting in death, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise while I am observing, working for or participating in the Parade (included but not limited to, all preparations, therefore the Parade itself, all incidental activities including pre-Parade and post-Parade activities);
2. HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or costs they may incur due to my presence in any way observing, or working for, or participating in the Parade (including, but not limited to, all preparations, therefore the Parade itself, all incidental activities including pre-Parade and post-Parade activities), and whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise;
3. HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY HARM, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE due to the negligence of Releasees or otherwise while observing, or working for, or participating in the Parade (including, but not limited to, all preparations, therefore the Parade itself, all incidental activities including pre-Parade and post-Parade activities). I expressly acknowledge and agree that the activities of the Parade (including, but not limited to, all incidental activities including pre-Parade and post-Parade activities) are dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. I further expressly agree that the forgoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of Texas, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, in full legal force and effect.
I HAVE READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and further agree that no oral representation, statements, or inducements apart from the forgoing written agreement have been made, and that this Release is being relied upon by the Parade in permitting my organization to participate in this Parade. I also represent that I am authorized to sign this document on behalf of myself and/or my organization.